Navajo County Administration
James G Jayne
James G. Jayne
Navajo County Manager
James (Jimmy) Jayne is an International City/County Management Association (ICMA)
credentialed manager, and has served as the Manager of Navajo County since September
2003. Previously, he served as the Executive Secretary for the Arizona Corporation
Commission, a Chief of Staff for the AZ House of Representatives and also worked
in the US Congress and for the Arizona Water Banking Authority.
Mr. Jayne received his undergraduate degree from Northern Arizona University, and
has completed advanced degree work through a number of institutions, including his
Masters in Public Administration and Certified Public Manager Certification from
Arizona State University, his Management Program for Leaders in Public Service from
Penn State, his Certificate in Public Policy and Management from the University
of Arizona and his Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program from
the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
In February 2011, Mr. Jayne was awarded the John J. DeBolske Award – the highest
achievement for public management professionals in Arizona. Jayne was also named
in July 2013 as a recipient of the Gabe Zimmerman Public Service Award for Innovation
– a statewide award for non-elected public servants.
Mr. Jayne serves on the AZ Town Hall Executive Board, the Show Low Parks and Recreation
Advisory Committee, the White Mountain Symphony Board and several other national
and state professional organizations.
Mr. Jayne and his high school sweetheart Lisa have been married for 22 years. Both
were raised in Gilbert, AZ, and decided to move their family to Show Low in 1999.
He enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and 4 children, watching their soccer
and football games, wrestling matches, trap & skeet shooting events and hunting.
- Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program - Harvard Kennedy School
of Government (2008)
- Public Manager Certification – Arizona State University (2008)
- Management Program for Leaders in Public Service - Penn State (2006)
- Certificate in Public Policy and Management – University of Arizona (2004)
- M.P.A. – Arizona State University (1999)
- B.A. – Northern Arizona University (1991)
Memberships, Admissions & Positions
- International City/county Management Association
- AZ City/County Management Association (ACMA)
- National Association of County Administrators
- AZ Counties Insurance Pool Trustee
- AZ Town Hall Board
- City of Show Low Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
- AZ Public Employees Health Pool Board
- United Way of Northern Arizona Board
Top of Page