Navajo County Public Health Services
Physical Activity Program
Promoting Lifetime Activity for Youth Program is a free, teacher-directed physical
activity program targeting students in grades 4th-8th grades. This innovative program
is offered by the Navajo County Public Health Services District. It was developed
to address the recommendations of the 1996 Surgeon General's Report on Physical
Activity and Health.
- To increase the number of youth in grades four through six who accumulate 30 to
60 minutes of daily, moderate-intensity physical activity.
- To increase lifetime physical activity.
- To increase knowledge about the benefits of an active lifestyle.
- To promote the benefits of moderate-intensity physical activity accumulated over
the course of a day.
For 4th through 8th grades.
We partner with the following schools:
- Cradleboard Elementary School
- Holbrook Junior High School
- Hotevilla Bacavii Community School
- Indian Wells Elementary School
- Joseph City Elementary School
- Kayenta Intermediate School
- Taylor Intermediate School
- Wide Ruins Community School
Top of Page