Navajo County Superior Courts
To serve the Navajo County Superior Court in the execution and enforcement of its
rights and duties by authority granted to the Judiciary in the Arizona Constitution
and Arizona Revised Statutes.
- To act as officers of the Superior Court in Administering court ordered mandates
for the accountability of the offender in juvenile delinquency and incorrigible
- To prescribe and monitor treatment strategies for the rehabilitation of juveniles
accused of a delinquent act or status offense in Navajo County.
- To act as a resource to parents, schools, law enforcement and other agencies, and
the community when dealing in juvenile matters.
- To collect data in a timely and accurate manner for dissemination to the Arizona
Supreme Court to conform with grant funding contracts and administrative orders.
- To determine the risk of a juvenile to the community and to supervise the child
within the parameters of the accepted policies and procedures of the department
for the safety and good of the community.
- To determine the needs of a juvenile when referred to the department and to allocate
resources (as applicable and based on availability) to fulfill (when possible) the
- To enhance personal skills and improve competencies of juvenile offenders for adjustment
into society at-large.
- To operate a juvenile detention center to meet each individual detainee’s nutritional,
emotional, spiritual, educations, recreational, hygienic, and physical needs while
Top of Page