NOTICE: Legislative change!
SB1451 signed by Governor Ducey recently requires anyone seeking a political Office file a Candidate Statement of Interest prior to gathering signatures. This is regardless of Party affiliation.
If you are planning to run for ANY county office, you MUST file the form with the Navajo County Elections Department. You MUST file this form prior to obtaining any petition signatures. If you have already started gathering signatures, you must file this form on or before Aug. 27th, 2019 in order for those signatures to be grandfathered in. If you do not file the form, you risk candidate challenge in Superior Court which means signatures gathered prior to your filing may be excluded.
- This form MUST be filed even if you filed a Candidate Committee.
- This form may be filed electronically. It doesn’t need to be filed in person.
- This information will be made available to the public.
- Candidates for Special Districts DO NOT file this form.
- Candidates for Precinct Committeeman DO NOT file this form.
- If you are running for a City/Town office contact the Clerk in that jurisdiction.
Complete the fillable form. Email the form to Rayleen.email@example.com . A filing receipt will be emailed back to you. The candidate packet and candidate committee information has not changed.
This is public information and is given out to the news media when requested. If you do not intend to run for office you may list your name as 'For Information Purposes Only'.
I acknowledge and understand that any candidate forms or information obtained from this website are being provided subject to the following conditions:
- The website forms are subject to change without notice.
- I AM RESPONSIBLE for submitting the correct forms in order to run for a County office.
- All forms and other documents submitted to the County Election office are public record and available for viewing by the public immediately upon filing.
Please fill out the following information in order to download the candidate packet.