SB1451 signed by Governor Ducey recently requires anyone seeking a political office file a Candidate Statement of
Interest prior to gathering signatures. This is regardless of Party affiliation.
If you are planning to run for any office, you must file the form with the Navajo County Elections
Department. You must file this form prior to obtaining any petition signatures. If you have
already started gathering signatures, you must file this form immediately in order for those signatures
to be grandfathered in. If you do not file the form, you risk candidate challenge in superior
court which means signatures gathered prior to your filing may be excluded.
- This form must be filed even if you filed a candidate committee
- This form does not need to be filed if your district was formed under Title 48
- Candidates for Community College or school districts do file this form.
- If you are running for a city/town office contact the clerk in that jurisdiction.
- November 8, 2022 filing period is June 13 - July 11, 2022