Environmental Health Program Manager
Environmental Health Newsletter:
November 2022 newsletter
February 2023 newsletter
The Navajo County Department of Environmental Health maintains a delegation agreement with the Arizona Department of Health Services which grants us enforcement authority over food establishments, retail food, bars/lounges, school food and sanitation, hotels/motels, trailer coach parks, swimming pools/ spas, summer camps, temporary and mobile food units, and water and wastewater haulers. Inspections of food establishments are critical control based where the focus is on handling practices which are more likely to lead directly to a food borne illness. We believe that education is a recipe for prevention. We are always ready and willing to take the time to educate operators and employees on the best food safety management practices as they would apply to their operation in an effort to reduce or eliminate food borne illnesses and outbreaks.
We also inspect and enforce public nuisance complaints covered under A.R.S. 36-601 nuisances dangerous to public health. Common violations include but are not limited to: septic/ sewage complaints, household garbage complaints, fly and vector complaints, and smoke free Arizona complaints and referrals.
- Complaints involving landlord/ tenant relationships, mold, odors, and unsightly or junk ridden properties generally do not fall into the category of nuisances dangerous to public health and thus we have no enforcement authority over. Please call (928) 524-4100 or email: Public Works
- Arizona Department of Housing information: (602) 771-1000 or email: ADOH
- Service Animals in Food establishments: Click here for more information
- CDC Food Safety and recalls: Click here for more information
- Information on Food Handlers training certificate: Click here
- Contact your local libraries or Northland Pioneer Colleges for Proctors.
Environmental Health Department
Navajo County Public Health Services District
600 N. 9th Place | Show Low AZ 85901
Primary (928) 532-6233 or 928-532-6050 ext . 5539 | Fax 928-524-4754