The Navajo County's Teen Health Program works with teens aged 11-19 in Navajo County to provide them with medically accurate information regarding their whole health including their mental, emotional, social, spiritual, and physical health.
Our mission is to empower youth in our community and to give them the tools they need so that they can make well informed decisions about their health while being aware of potential risks.
We offer free programs and curriculums that are evidence-based and rooted in a positive youth development framework.
- Reduce the rate of teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases within our community
- Increase youth access to evidence-based programs to prevent teen pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Increase linkages between teen pregnancy prevention programs and community-based clinical services.
- To promote self-efficacy, communication/consent, healthy relationships, stress management skills, and drug and alcohol awareness.
- Provide parents and caregivers with resources and tools to support their teen and communicate with them more effectively about their health.
Youth Programs We Offer
Our middle school curriculum, Positive Potential, is for grades 6th-8th and covers topics such as bullying, self-esteem, dangers of social media, avoiding risky behaviors, and adolescent development. Please click the image below for more information. The curriculum previews are available on their website and are password protected. If you would like to preview the curriculum, please contact our Teen Health Program Manager Elaina Brown.
Our high school curriculum, Love Notes 3.0 EBP, is offered to grades 9-12 and is a comprehensive, healthy relationship education curriculum that teaches adolescents how to build healthy relationships, prevent dating violence, and improve impulse control. Please click the image below for more information. The curriculum previews are available on their website and are password protected. If you would like to preview the curriculum, please contact our Teen Health Program Manager Elaina Brown.
(Link to Google Form for Presentation and curriculum requests):
You can request our curricula or presentations here!
For more information contact: