This information is provided for those families currently participating in WIC.
The WIC Program will work more effectively and efficiently for you and your family if you remember a few simple things.
- Keeping your WIC appointments ensures that you and your family receive all the WIC Program benefits you have been certified to receive. If you cannot keep your appointment, call your WIC Clinic before your scheduled appointment to reschedule.
- Be on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be rescheduled.
- Your WIC ID folder identifies you as eligible for WIC services. It identifies you to the store and to the WIC Clinic. Take it with you to each appointment and to the store when you cash your checks.
- If your ID folder and/or checks are lost or stolen report this to your WIC clinic immediately.
- Lost or stolen checks will not be replaced. Keep your ID folder and checks in a safe location.
- It is your responsibility to update your phone and address with your WIC clinic. We may need to communicate with you regarding your appointment.
- Remember that WIC is a supplemental food program. By participating in the Program you are receiving all the WIC benefits that you are entitled to. You will need to provide additional food for you and your family. The WIC staff provides you with referrals to other food programs, if you need help with additional food sources.
- You may not participate in more than 1 WIC Program or 1 Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) for the same month for the same person. You may be required to pay back benefits if you do this.
- Breastfeeding Helpline is 1-800-833-4642.
- To report WIC fraud, abuse or other complaints call 1-866-229-6561 or email email@example.com.